Property Assessed Clean Energy (TX-PACE) is a proven financial tool that incentivizes Texas’ property owners to upgrade facility infrastructure with little or no capital outlay. Approved by State legislation and established by your local governments, TX-PACE programs enable owners to lower their operating costs and use the savings to pay for eligible water conservation, energy efficiency, resiliency, and distributed generation projects. Owners gain access to private, affordable, long-term (typically 10-20 years) financing that is not available through traditional funding avenues.
PACE financing may be used to pay for permanent improvements to the property that are intended to decrease water or energy consumption or demand.
Typical Examples Include:
Chillers, boilers, and furnaces • HVAC, BMS, BAS, EMS controls • Lighting • Water heating systems • Energy management systems and controls • Roofing • Windows • Doors • Insulation • Elevator modernization • Pool equipment • Distributed generation systems • Heat recovery and steam traps • Solar panels • Wind turbines • Water management systems and controls • Irrigation equipment • Rainwater collection systems • Toilets • Faucets • Greywater systems… and more!
<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/5gnN72buvw4?rel=0″ frameborder=”0″ gesture=”media” allow=”encrypted-media” allowfullscreen></iframe>
The Texas PACE Authority has partnered with the US Green Building Council, Texas Chapter, in providing a list of TX-PACE service providers.
The Texas Green Building Marketplace lists experienced companies related to TX-PACE and the green industry. It also provides a list of networking and educational events as well as Green Job opportunities. Click on the link below to access that website:
DISCLAIMER: Texas PACE Authority neither endorses nor recommends any particular service provider, including those found in the Texas Green Building Marketplace. If you are a service provider and would like to be included in this directory, please contact USGBC, Texas Chapter at 512-470-9923 or email@example.com.
PACE in Texas is open-market, and consequently a wide range of parties can make PACE loans. Eligible third-party lenders may include:
- Any federally insured depository institution such as a bank, savings bank, savings and loan association and federal or state credit union;
- Any insurance company authorized to conduct business in one or more states;
- Any registered investment company, registered business development company, or a Small Business Administration small business investment company;
- Any publicly traded entity; or
- Any private entity that:
- Has a minimum net worth of $5 million;
- Has at least three years’ experience in business or industrial lending or commercial real estate lending (including multifamily lending), or has a lending officer that has at least three years’ experience in business or industrial lending or commercial real estate lending; and
- Can provide independent certification as to availability of funds.
All lenders must have the ability to carry out, either directly or through a servicer, the bookkeeping and customer service work necessary to manage the assessment accounts.
Note that the Texas PACE Authority neither recommends nor endorses any particular PACE Service providers. This directory is provided solely for convenience in consolidating a list of PACE service providers. If you would like to be listed as a PACE lender, please contact Texas PACE Authority
Multi-Family Residential Property
Residential real property with five or more dwelling units.